Articles

Epal European Palestinian Media Center Bulletin, Issue No. 2531, Date: Thursday, August 20, 2026

Epal European Palestinian Media Center Bulletin, Issue No. 2531, Date: Thursday, August 20, 2026

1. 11 killed and others injured in attacks targeting a police headquarters and civilians in the Gaza Strip**

Eleven people were killed and others injured after Israeli occupation forces targeted several areas across the Gaza Strip. Local sources reported that at least 11 people were killed and 15 others injured in an Israeli airstrike that targeted the vicinity of the Municipal Park in the city center.

…………..

**2. Prisoners’ Club warns of preparations for an execution wing in occupation prisons and calls on the world to act**

The Palestinian Prisoners’ Club warned of the danger posed by Israeli occupation authorities beginning to allocate a wing for Palestinian prisoners sentenced to death, including a room for carrying out executions, and called for urgent international action to stop these measures.

Club President Abdullah al-Zaghari said the move comes as part of the Israeli occupation’s transformation of legislation and incitement into executive measures targeting Palestinian prisoners. He stressed that preparations to carry out death sentences against them constitute a “crime against humanity.”

…………..

**3. Occupation forces crack down on female prisoners at Damon Prison**

The Prisoners’ Media Office said that Palestinian female prisoners at Damon Prison were subjected to a brutal crackdown carried out by Yamaz forces after the repression forces stormed the prison sections and removed all the female prisoners from their rooms into the yard amid repressive measures and harsh and humiliating treatment.

The office said the crackdown included restraining the women, blindfolding them, forcing them to lie face down on the ground, and keeping them in that position for approximately one full hour, in what it described as a blatant violation of their dignity and basic rights.

………..

**4. 47 Palestinian families face imminent forced displacement in the Jordan Valley**

More than 47 Palestinian families, comprising over 300 people, approximately half of them children, face the imminent threat of forced displacement from their homes in the northern Palestinian Jordan Valley after Israeli occupation forces and settlers destroyed and cut off the last lifelines supplying their communities: water networks and pipelines.

Reports issued by specialized human rights organizations confirmed that the measure is part of a systematic escalation aimed at putting pressure on farmers and livestock herders, for whom this sector represents their only source of livelihood, in order to force them to abandon their lands permanently.

……………

**5. The “Abu Salah family”: They went out to bury their child, but occupation snipers killed them all**

Asaad Abu Salah wanted to see what was happening outside the shelter located next to the Indonesian Hospital in the northern Gaza Strip toward the end of the first year of the war. However, a bullet fired by an Israeli sniper struck him and killed him instantly, beginning another chapter in his family’s tragedy.

His grandfather, Abu Surour Abu Salah, along with Asaad’s grandmother, father, and three uncles, carried his body to bury him beside the school. There was little they could do: a child had been killed, and a family was trying to give him a dignified burial before returning to the place where they had sought refuge from the bombardment.

……………

**6. #Video… Moment Israeli occupation forces arrest Palestinian journalist**

#Watch… After raiding his home, Israeli occupation forces arrested Palestinian journalist Abdul Rahman Hassan during their incursion into the city of Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank.

…………………………….

*European*

**7. British court puts 72-year-old activist on trial for allegedly supporting terrorism after opposing Gaza blockade**

Kingston Crown Court in London began the trial of prominent 72-year-old British activist Tony Greenstein on charges of “supporting a proscribed organization” under the Terrorism Act 2000.

Prosecutor Kate Temple-Mabe based the indictment on three online posts published by Greenstein on his account on the X platform in connection with the October 7 events, in which he called for full support for an uprising in the besieged Gaza Strip and praised attacks against the Zionist occupation.

……………

**8. Demonstration outside Peterborough prison condemns medical neglect of detained activists**

Large crowds gathered outside the Old Bailey Central Criminal Court in London in support of activists facing prosecution in the second trial of the “Filton 25” case.

Support and solidarity campaigns called on the public to intensify daily gatherings and on-the-ground presence in anticipation of the jury’s verdicts, expected this week, against the remaining defendants.

…………… .

**9. Protest outside Starbucks and Carrefour in Barcelona condemns support for genocide**

A number of protesters and students blocked streets in Barcelona and surrounded branches of the “Starbucks” and “Carrefour” chains.

The actions came in response to calls from trade unions and student groups condemning what they described as the companies’ complicity with the occupation system and their direct involvement in financing the Israeli occupation army through food shipments and logistical services during the ongoing war in the Gaza Strip.

……………

**10. Australian MP calls for cutting intelligence and diplomatic ties with the occupation**

Australian MP Elizabeth Watson-Brown sharply criticized the Labor government, condemning the continuation of its diplomatic relations and direct intelligence coordination with the Israeli occupation entity.

Brown stressed that continuing this security and political cooperation constitutes explicit complicity and direct cover for what she described as an ongoing genocidal war and massacres against the Palestinian people.

……………

**11. Demonstration outside Scottish Parliament calls for comprehensive boycott of occupation arms companies**

The Emergency Committee for the Genocide in Gaza plans to hold a protest outside the Scottish Parliament building in Edinburgh on Thursday, September 3, coinciding with the first anniversary of the Scottish government’s decision to cut ties with companies supplying weapons to the Israeli occupation army.

The action aims to put direct pressure on the Scottish government to fully and immediately implement a policy of boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) against the occupation system, in order to end complicity in the ongoing war in the Gaza Strip and confront what the organizers describe as official institutions’ delays in implementing decisions to ban the arming of the occupation.

……………………………

*International*

**12. Washington imposes sanctions on ICC president and prominent prosecutor**

The US administration imposed official sanctions on International Criminal Court President Japanese Judge Tomoko Akane and Senegalese lawyer Abdullah Siy, a prominent member of the prosecution team.

The announcement was made by US Secretary of State Marco Rubio pursuant to an executive order issued by Donald Trump, citing Washington’s opposition to the court’s investigations and proceedings against officials whose governments had not accepted its jurisdiction.

The move comes as a measure intended to protect leaders of the occupation entity. The targeted prosecutor, “Abdullah Siy,” is described in the text as one of the leading lawyers on the prosecution team that obtained international arrest warrants for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on charges of war crimes.

……………

**13. Congressional Progressive Caucus launches legislative campaign to ban supplying bombs to the occupation**

The Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) in the US House of Representatives is launching a new legislative campaign to pass a bill preventing the supply of certain types of heavy weapons to the occupation entity that are allegedly involved in the genocide in the Gaza Strip.

Caucus Chair Representative Greg Casar announced that the group intends to push for an immediate vote on the “Bomb Ban” bill if the Democratic Party wins a majority in next November’s elections, alongside a broad mobilization to oppose legislation supporting the arming of what the caucus describes as an out-of-control occupation army.

………..

**14. US sanctions against the International Criminal Court to protect Netanyahu**

The United States imposed another round of sanctions on the International Criminal Court, targeting its president, Japanese Judge Tomoko Akane, and the court’s chief prosecutor, Senegalese lawyer Abdullah Siy, in another punitive step related to its investigations into alleged crimes committed by the occupation in the occupied Palestinian territories.

The sanctions are the latest measures by President Donald Trump’s administration against the court, as part of what the text describes as an attempt to obstruct the prosecution of Israeli officials over their alleged involvement in genocidal crimes against Palestinians.

…………..

**15. US lawyer: Trump administration’s investigations of universities over antisemitism lack evidence**

A former US Department of Justice lawyer said that the Trump administration’s investigations of American universities over allegations of antisemitism lacked evidence and had predetermined outcomes.

Lawyers for Haley Van Erim, a former lawyer in the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, said in a complaint that investigations conducted by a Trump administration task force into antisemitism were “characterized by unusual procedural irregularities and predetermined outcomes without factual or legal support.”

……………..

**16. Israeli soldiers expelled from a gym on the island of Bali**

The owner of a gym in the Ubud area of the Indonesian island of Bali expelled three Israeli occupation army soldiers after they allegedly insulted staff at the facility.

The owner announced his complete refusal to serve them, telling them: “We do not serve Israelis,” before forcing them to leave the premises immediately.

It emerged that the soldiers had entered Indonesian territory using passports from other countries in order to circumvent the regulations, since Indonesia prohibits holders of Israeli passports from entering the country.

………………

**17. Hind Rajab Foundation pursues Israeli soldier in India over alleged participation in genocidal war**

The Hind Rajab Foundation filed a formal criminal complaint in India against an Israeli occupation army soldier who was spending his vacation there, after evidence allegedly documented his involvement in the unlawful destruction of civilian property in the Khan Younis Governorate.

The complaint, filed on August 18, 2026, was based on satellite images and videos posted by the soldier on social media, which allegedly demonstrate his involvement in the systematic destruction of infrastructure in the town of Abasan al-Saghira between March and April 2024, after occupation forces had taken full control of the area.

Related Articles

Back to top button