
Epal European Palestinian Media Center Bulletin, Issue No. 2529, Date: Monday, August 17, 2026
Epal European Palestinian Media Center Bulletin, Issue No. 2529, Date: Monday, August 17, 2026
1. One martyr and one injured by occupation fire in the southern Gaza Strip
The Israeli occupation forces continued to violate the ceasefire agreement in the Gaza Strip through artillery shelling and targeting gatherings of displaced people. Local sources reported that Red Crescent teams recovered the body of child martyr Suhail Masoud Rabaa Shalouf from Al-Tina Street, south of Khan Younis, after he was injured yesterday by occupation forces’ fire, following coordination.
2. Occupation forces force Jerusalem residents to evacuate their homes in Silwan and issue a stop-work order for a house in Salfit
The Israeli occupation authorities issued an evacuation order targeting one home and parts of two other homes in the town of Silwan, south of the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied Jerusalem.
The evacuation order targeted the home of citizen Na’im Maragha, built in 1966, measuring 40 square meters and inhabited by four people, as well as the home of citizen Salah Maragha, measuring 68 square meters. The order requires the evacuation of 40 square meters of the latter home, which is inhabited by four people.
3. Occupation forces release 35 prisoners from the Gaza Strip
The Israeli occupation forces released 35 prisoners from the Gaza Strip.
The Red Cross said it facilitated the transfer of 35 prisoners from the Kerem Shalom crossing to Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis, in the southern Gaza Strip.
4. Occupation forces prevent a water tanker from reaching besieged homes in Qusra
The occupation forces prevented the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) from bringing a water tanker to homes under siege in the village of Qusra, south of Nablus.
Local sources reported that UNICEF went to Qusra and delivered food and medical supplies to the three homes, while the water tanker was prevented from entering the area.
Qusra Council Chairman Abd al-Azim Wadi said that the council has so far been unable to restore electricity and water to the three homes under siege in the town.
5. Occupation authorities issue administrative detention orders against 58 prisoners
The Israeli occupation authorities issued new and renewed administrative detention orders against 58 prisoners from various areas of the West Bank.
The Commission for Detainees and Ex-Detainees Affairs explained in a statement that the orders included both new administrative detention orders and renewals for Palestinian detainees for periods ranging from three to six months.
6. Muhammad Arab: Palestinian journalist behind bars and deprived of his basic rights
The Palestinian Center for the Defense of Prisoners said that journalist Muhammad Arab, who was arrested by Israeli occupation forces at the Al-Shifa Medical Complex while carrying out his work, has been behind bars for more than two years, away from his family, his camera, and his normal life.
The center explained that Arab has spent more than two years without seeing his own face in a mirror, considering this an indication of the extent of the deprivation and oppression experienced by prisoners from the Gaza Strip inside occupation prisons.
7. More than 70 families in Lod face the risk of eviction and home demolition
More than 70 families in the Al-Mahatta neighborhood of the city of Lod, in the 1948 territories, face the risk of eviction and demolition of their homes after receiving orders from Israeli authorities with short deadlines, in some cases no longer than one week, under the pretext of “seizing state land.”
Local sources quoted residents of the neighborhood as saying that their families have lived there since before the establishment of Israel and that their homes contain nearly a century of memories. They stressed their refusal to leave and warned that the eviction and demolition orders are paving the way for the displacement of the neighborhood’s residents and the seizure of its land for the benefit of what is known as the “Torah nucleus.”
8. #Video… Occupation forces force Palestinians to close their shops in Hebron
#Watch: Israeli occupation forces are forcing Palestinian shop owners to close their businesses and are banning entry to and exit from the Old City in order to facilitate settlers’ access to the area in Hebron, in the occupied West Bank.
European
9. Switzerland selects documentary about Gaza survivors to represent it in the 2027 Oscar race
The Swiss Federal Office of Culture officially announced the selection of the documentary “Who Is Still Alive”, directed by Nicolas Wadimoff, to represent Switzerland in the competition for the Academy Award for Best International Feature Film at the 99th Academy Awards.
Through an abstract cinematic approach set inside a dark studio, the film conveys the testimonies and experiences of nine Palestinians who survived and were forced to leave the Gaza Strip amid the genocidal war, focusing on feelings of loss, uprooting from their land, and the reconstruction of personal memory.
10. Irish activists occupy AIB bank over refusal to accept a deal with an Israeli company
Activists from the Irish boycott movement stormed an AIB bank branch in central Belfast and temporarily occupied it in protest against the bank management’s insistence on carrying out a commercial deal with an Israeli occupation-affiliated cybersecurity company.
The protest caused widespread disruption inside the branch before the activists moved their action to the street to inform thousands of passersby about the bank’s involvement in a $1.2 million contract with the Israeli cybersecurity company Snyk (SNYK), describing the deal as direct financing of an apartheid and ethnic-cleansing system.
11. Mural in Barcelona calls for the release of Marwan Barghouti
A new mural by artist Juan Cantor has adorned the walls of the Spanish city of Barcelona as part of the “Free Marwan” campaign, which is gaining increasing visibility on streets around the world.
The mural calls for the immediate release of Palestinian prisoner Marwan Barghouti, who is spending his 24th year in Israeli prisons on what the campaign describes as fabricated charges.
International
12. Oracle’s chair boasts about providing technological support to the occupation army
A leaked video of Safra Catz, former chief executive of the American software giant Oracle, sparked widespread outrage on social media after she publicly boasted about providing technological support to the occupation army to support its ongoing offensive and massacres in the Gaza Strip.
In the circulated video, Catz stated that Oracle had supplied the occupation army with “highly advanced technology” following the events of October 7 to support its war effort. She also revealed that she had visited the headquarters of the Israeli military, known as the “Kirya,” in Tel Aviv, where she met company employees working there.
13. Washington investigates British organization over alleged funding of anti-occupation activities
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security opened an expanded federal investigation targeting the London-based non-profit solidarity organization PFF, accusing it of establishing a financial fund dedicated to supporting activities opposing the Israeli occupation.
U.S. authorities are investigating whether the organization transferred funds from a $100 million solidarity fund to the Palestinian organization Al-Haq, which documents alleged genocide crimes and is subject to U.S. sanctions.
14. Actress Susan Sarandon wears a keffiyeh in New York
American actress and Academy Award winner Susan Sarandon wore a Palestinian keffiyeh while walking along the main streets of New York, reaffirming her longstanding position of solidarity and opposition to the occupation.
Sarandon’s public appearance wearing the keffiyeh in New York comes as a continuation of her outspoken positions against the genocidal war in the Gaza Strip, despite incitement campaigns against her by the Zionist lobby.
15. Popular anger in Colombia over the arrival of an occupation army force under the guise of “earthquake relief”
Activists and popular movements in Colombia launched a wide-ranging protest campaign expressing their categorical rejection of the arrival of a military delegation from the Israeli occupation army on Colombian territory.
The condemnation followed Israel’s dispatch of a military force consisting of 80 soldiers and military officers under the pretext of providing relief and participating in search operations following the devastating 7.4-magnitude earthquake that struck the western part of the country.
16. Campaign accuses major Western media outlets, including The New York Times, of complicity in the genocide in Gaza
Activists and journalists expressing solidarity launched a broad documentation campaign aimed at exposing the Western media system and accusing its major institutions of structural complicity and full partnership in the genocidal war being waged by the Israeli occupation against the Gaza Strip.
The campaign seeks to dismantle what it describes as the Zionist assault on journalism. According to the campaign, the occupation combines the systematic killing of Palestinian journalists in Gaza in the field to suppress the truth with the blind adoption by major Western media outlets such as The New York Times, CNN, and Fox News of what the campaign describes as Israeli lies and narratives.
17. UN: Nearly 3,000 settler attacks in the West Bank since the beginning of 2025
Official United Nations data revealed that, since the beginning of 2025, armed settler groups have carried out approximately 3,000 attacks targeting Palestinian towns, villages, and agricultural lands across various governorates of the occupied West Bank.
The international organization warned of a dangerous and unprecedented escalation in the frequency of attacks by the Israeli occupation army and settlers against Palestinians in the West Bank.
